About the ITU Cekirdek Automotive Technologies Category
The ITU Cekirdek Automotive Technologies Category is exclusive to entrepreneurs who have projects in automotive technologies.
Entrepreneurs with ideas or projects on driving safety systems, sensors, battery technologies, efficiency technologies, composites and interior fabric technologies and other parts or accessories that make up a car may apply to this category.
Entrepreneurs in this category may also be eligible for a dedicated R&D Wallet and a cash prize of TL 250,000 provided by ITU Cekirdek and the Association of Automobile Exporters (OIB) in the BIG BANG event.
Who can apply?
– The Automotive Technologies Category welcomes submissions by individual or teams of students, academics, researchers, industry professionals, graduate and postgraduate students, industrialists, and anyone over 18 years of age interested in the sector.
– Projects must be original, not produced or commercialized previously, or must not have received awards in a previous competition.
** Application criteria may be found on the online application form. All applicants are required to read the terms and conditions for application therein.
How to apply
Teams who believe that they fulfill the Group / Entrepreneur and Idea / Project Criteria can submit an online application on the ITU Cekirdek website by clicking on “Apply” and selecting the Automotive Technologies Category.
You can make revisions on your application during the submission period. No more revisions will be allowed on application forms at the end of the submission period announced by ITU Cekirdek.
Teams who complete their submission will receive an automated “Application complete” email.
The assessment process
– All applications will go through the Online Assessment phase. The online phase will assess the structure of the entrepreneur teams, project qualities and innovative points, economic and technological feasibility of the projects, and how and to what extent the entrepreneur teams can benefit from ITU Cekirdek. Teams who pass the Online Assessment will be invited to ITU Cekirdek by email to make a project presentation.
– Teams invited to the Pre-Evaluation Jury will be expected to deliver a 4-minute presentation on their projects and team members. The jury will then select projects based on ITU Cekirdek and OIB Project Marketplace objectives and evaluation criteria.
* Teams who present before the ITU Cekirdek Pre-Evaluation Jury will receive email responses on their acceptance status. However, no score or ranking information will be provided.
I’m in! Now what?
Entrepreneurs selected to the ITU Cekirdek process by the ITU Cekirdek Pre-Evaluation Jury will be entitled to make a presentation in the OIB R&D Project Marketplace event to be held in Gebze, and will be included in the ITU Cekirdek Pre-Incubation phase.
Entrepreneurs will later be invited to the Kickoff Meeting that will be held at a date to be announced by the ITU Cekirdek Executive Board. You will meet with other entrepreneur teams and the ITU Cekirdek Executive Board. You will also be informed on ITU Cekirdek procedures, objectives and expectations in this meeting.
Entrepreneur teams accepted for preincubation are required to deliver the signed originals of the ITU Cekirdek Preincubation Letter of Commitment (signed by all team members in ink) to the ITU Cekirdek Executive Board within 1 weeks of the Kickoff Meeting. ITU Cekirdek is not responsible for delays in postal or personal delivery.