About the ITU Cekirdek General Category
ITU Cekirdek is the right address for all entrepreneurs who wish to implement their tech-based projects. Entrepreneurs with ideas or projects in all sectors from financial technologies to medical technologies, augmented reality and hardware projects can apply to this category and set out on a process that leads to BIG BANG.
Who can apply?
Criteria for Entrepreneurs/Teams:
- All entrepreneurs can apply to ITU Cekirdek regardless of nationality.
- Application is open to all undergraduate, graduate and doctorate students and graduates of universities (including Open University Faculties).
- Entrepreneurs may apply as groups of up to 4 members.
- A person cannot be a member of more than one group. Applications of groups that have a person who is a member of another group will be rejected.
Idea / Project Criteria:
- Technology-based innovative projects may apply to ITU Cekirdek.
- It is recommended that the project team is composed of individuals who possess the competencies needed to implement the idea or project.
How to apply
Teams who believe that they fulfill the Group / Entrepreneur and Idea / Project Criteria can submit an online application on the ITU Cekirdek website by clicking on "Apply" and selecting General Category.
You can make revisions on your application during the submission period. No more revisions will be allowed on application forms at the end of the submission period announced by ITU Cekirdek. Teams who complete their submission will receive an automated "Application complete" email.
The assessment process
- All applications will go through the Online Assessment phase. The online phase will assess the structure of the entrepreneur teams, project qualities and innovative points, economic and technological feasibility of the projects, and how and to what extent the entrepreneur teams can benefit from ITU Cekirdek. Teams who pass the Online Assessment will be invited to ITU Cekirdek by email to make a project presentation.
- Teams invited to the Pre-Evaluation Jury will be expected to deliver a 4-minute presentation on their projects and team members. The jury will then select projects based on ITU Cekirdek objectives and evaluation criteria.
* Teams who present before the ITU Cekirdek Pre-Evaluation Jury will receive email responses on their acceptance status. However, no score or ranking information will be provided.
I'm in! Now what?
Applicants who are accepted to ITU Cekirdek in the Pre-Evaluation will be invited to the Kickoff Meeting that will be held at a date to be announced by the ITU Cekirdek Executive Board. You will meet with other entrepreneur teams and the ITU Cekirdek Executive Board. You will also be informed on ITU Cekirdek procedures, objectives and expectations in this meeting.
Entrepreneur teams accepted for preincubation are required to deliver the signed originals of the ITU Cekirdek Preincubation Letter of Commitment (signed by all team members in ink) to the ITU Cekirdek Executive Board within 2 weeks of the Kickoff Meeting. ITU Cekirdek is not responsible for delays in postal or personal delivery.
As an ITU Cekirdek entrepreneur, you are now looking at the "ITU Cekirdek Preincubation Acceleration Program."